Warning: main(/web/sites/mhschool.com/tatatest/foundation/common/php/spew.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/sites/macmillan/home/math/2002/student/activity.php3 on line 4
Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/web/sites/mhschool.com/tatatest/foundation/common/php/spew.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /web/sites/macmillan/home/math/2002/student/activity.php3 on line 4
Kitchen Helper Fractions Activity Sheet
McGraw-Hill Mathematics: Grade 4, Chapter 12
Kitchen Helper Fractions
KidsHealth for Kids
- Click Staying Healthy. Then click KidsHealth Recipes.
- Read problem 1 below. Then click Orange Chill under Delicious Drinks. Use the information in the recipe to solve problem 1.
- Click the Back arrow to return to the list of recipes.
- Solve problems 2 through 7 in the same way. You will find the recipes you need listed under Delicious Drinks, Breakfast Bonanza, and Baked Sweet Treats. Sometimes you will need to read two recipes to solve the problem.
Add and subtract fractions to solve these problems. Write the answers in simplest form.
- How many cups in all of liquid ingredients do you need to make 2 servings of Orange Chill?
- How many cups in all of cottage cheese and frozen strawberries do you need to make a serving of Strawberry Smoothie?
- Add the amounts of baking soda and salt together. How much of these dry ingredients do you need in all?
Berry Tasty Muffins
- You have 1 cup of vegetable oil. How much will you have left after you make the recipe for Berry Tasty Muffins?
Banana Bread and Super Strawberry Bars
- Both the Banana Bread and the Super Strawberry Bars recipes use salt. Which recipe uses more salt? How much more?
Super Strawberry Bars
- Would you be able to use a 1-cup measure to mix the light brown sugar and strawberry jam together before adding other ingredients?
- How much light brown sugar would you have left after making the Super Strawberry Bars recipe if you had 3/4 cup to begin with?
Berry Tasty Muffins, Peanut Butter Muffins and Southern-style Cornbread
- Giovanni, Steve, and Brian would like to make Berry Tasty Muffins, Peanut Butter Muffins, and Southern-style Cornbread, which all need vegetable oil. They have ½ cup of vegetable oil on hand. How much more or how much less vegetable oil will they need?
- Use one or more of the recipes on this Web site to make up a problem using addition or
subtraction of fractions.
Math at Home
Today I explored a Web site that had some tasty and easy-to-make recipes. I used some of the fraction measurements to add and subtract fractions. I found that to make Super Strawberry Bars, I need a total of of sugar and strawberries mixed together.
Ask your teacher or parents to show you other fun and interesting Web pages.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: spew() in /web/sites/macmillan/home/math/2002/student/4/weblesson/4-12.php3 on line 97