Food Chains and Food Webs
Step 1. Questions
What did you eat last? Did you eat an apple or banana? Maybe you ate meat or fish. Whatever you ate, you were part of a food chain. A food chain is a series of organisms that depend on one another for food.
All organisms are part of food chains.
Here are some questions about food chains. Read them, and then research the answers.
- How are all food chains alike? How are they different?
- What kinds of food chains are in an ocean or lake? What kinds are on land?
- What is the source of energy for all food chains?
- What might happen if one part of a food chain disappeared?
- What other questions do you have about food chains?
Step 2. Research
Research answers for the questions you were asked in Step 1. Visit these Web sites. Take notes about them on this page, too!