Step 1. Questions
Did you know that simple machines are part of your body? Your arms and legs act as levers to help you move and pick up things. In fact, most bones act as levers. Your muscles pull on them to move your body.
Inside and outside of your body, you use simple machines. For this e-Journal project, you will research and report on simple machines. Here are questions to guide your research.
Are you ready? Look for answers to these questions at the Web sites listed in Step 2. As you learn about simple machines, take notes in the note-taking boxes. When you are ready, follow Step 3 to write your report.
- What are the six simple machines?
- When you use a simple machine, do you do less work to complete a task? Why or why not?
- What are some examples of different simple machines?
- What tool or useful item do you think you might invent using simple machines?
- What questions do you have about simple machines?
Step 2. Research
Research answers for the questions you were asked in Step 1. Visit these Web sites. Take notes about them on this page, too!