1. What was the name given to people who had both Spanish and Native American ancestors?
2. Which colonial area had the largest population?
a. New France
b. New Spain
d. The Thirteen Colonies
3. In what direction did Burgoyne's men retreat?
4. Who was not involved in the Sacred Expedition?
a. José de Gálvez
b. Prince Henry of Portugal
c. Junipero Serra
d. Gaspar de Portolá
5. Which item was not taxed under the Townsend Act?
6. Where was the Second Continental Congress held in 1775?
b. Washington, D.C.
d. New York
7. Who is famous for a ride on horseback to warn about the British coming?
a. George Washington
b. John Adams
c. Paul Revere
d. Alexander Hamilton
8. What was the final battle of the American Revolution?
a. Battle of Bunker Hill
b. Battle of New Orleans
c. Battle of Saratoga
d. Battle of Yorktown
9. Whose headquarters were located near Freeman's Farm?
10. In what state did the Battle of Saratoga take place?
c. New York
Big Idea Activity |
Field Trip |
Day in the Life |
Local Connection |
Quick Quiz |
California Vistas |
Making A New Nation
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional
Publishing Group of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, New York 10020. Copyright ©2007 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved. Image Credits