Choose a Letter
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
| N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
List of Words for Letter 'H'
Click on to hear the word and definition
- harbor a sheltered body of water along a coast where boats can dock
- Harlem Renaissance a time in the 1920s in Harlem when many important African American works of art and learning were created
- heritage the history, traditions, beliefs, and customs that a group of people share
- historic site a place where something interesting or important happened in the past
- House of Representatives the house of Congress in which each state's number of representatives is determined according to its population
- hunter-gatherer a person who found food both by hunting animals and gathering plants, fruits, and nuts.
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional Publishing Group of
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020.
Copyright ©2006 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved.