Choose a Letter
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
| N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
List of Words for Letter 'A'
Click on to hear the word and definition
- abolitionist person who works to end slavery
- agriculture the business of growing crops and raising animals
- ally a person or country that joins with another for a common purpose
- amendment a change or addition to the United States Constitution
- ancestor someone in your family who came before you
- archaeologist a scientist who studies artifacts to learn how people lived in the past
- artifact an object made or used by people who lived in the past
- assembly lawmaking body
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional Publishing Group of
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020.
Copyright ©2006 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved.