Choose a Letter
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
| N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
List of Words for Letter 'L'
Click on to hear the word and definition
- labor union a group of workers in a particular industry or factory who organize to get better working conditions
- landform a natural feature on Earth's surface
- large-scale map a map that shows many details in a small area
- latitude a measure of the distance on Earth north or south of the equator
- league an association of people or nations to work for their common interests
- legislative branch a branch of government that makes laws
- legislature a group of people elected to make laws
- line graph a graph that shows patterns and amounts of change over time
- lock a kind of water elevator that moves boats within a canal to higher or lower levels
- locomotive a steam-powered engine that pulls a train
- longhouse a long wooden building in a Native American village in which many related families lived
- longitude a measure of distance on Earth east or west of the prime meridian
- Loyalist a colonist who remained loyal to Great Britain during the American Revolution
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional Publishing Group of
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020.
Copyright ©2006 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved.