Choose a Letter
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
| N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
List of Words for Letter 'M'
Click on to hear the word and definition
- manor a large piece of land that the owner rents in smaller plots to a number of farmers
- manufacturer someone who produces goods in factories
- map a kind of picture of Earth
- map scale the measurement a map uses to indicate the real size of a place on Earth
- market economy an economy in which people decide for themselves what to sell or buy
- mayor a head of a city government
- megalopolis a large urban area in which several cities run into each other
- merchant a person who buys and sells goods
- meridian a line of longitude
- metropolitan area a large city and its surrounding suburbs
- militia a group of volunteers who fought in an emergency during the colonial period and the American Revolution
- mouth the place where a river empties into another body of water
- municipal government a local or city government
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional Publishing Group of
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020.
Copyright ©2006 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved.