Choose a Letter
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
| N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |
List of Words for Letter 'U'
Click on to hear the word and definition
- Underground Railroad the system of secret routes used by people escaping slavery
- Union the states that make up the United States; used during the Civil War to refer to the government of the Northern States
- United Nations an international peacekeeping organization that includes most of the countries of the world
- urban of a city
- urbanization the process of cities replacing rural areas
- URL the web address of a site on the Internet
Published by Macmillan/McGraw-Hill, a division of the Educational and Professional Publishing Group of
The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10020.
Copyright ©2006 Macmillan/McGraw-Hill. All rights reserved.