Kindergarten Bibliography List
Chapter 1 You Feel and Think
Chapter 2 Your Family and Friends
- My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss, Alfred A. Knopf (1998).
- Shapesville by Andy Mills and Becky Osborn, Illustrated by Erica Neitz, Gurze Books (2003).
- Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis, Illustrated by Laura Cornell, HarperCollins Children's Books (1998).
Chapter 3 You Grow and Change
- Alicia's Best Friends by Lisa Jahn-Clough, Houghton Mifflin/Walter Lorraine Books (2003).
- Families by Debbie Biley, Annick Press, Ltd. (1999).
- My Best Friend Moved Away by Nancy L. Carlson, Puffin (2003).
Chapter 4 Food For Health
- The Growing Story by Ruth Krauss, Illustrated by Phyllis Rowand, HarperCollins Children's Books (1947).
- The Growing-up Tree by Vera Rosenberry, Holiday House (2003).
- Trevor's Wiggly-Wobbly Tooth by Lester L. Laminack, Illustrated by Kathi McCord, Peachtree Publishers (2002).
Chapter 5 A Clean and Fit You
- Dim Sum for Everyone by Grace Lin, Knopf Books for Young Readers (2001).
- Fats and Sweets by Cynthia Fitterer Klingel and Robert B. NOyed, Illustrated by Gregg Andersen, Gareth Stevens Audio (2002).
- The Food Pyramid by Amanda Rondeau, Edited by Monica Marx, ABDO Publishers (2002).
Chapter 6 Staying Safe
- Exercise by Sharon Gordon, Scholastic Library Publishing (2001).
- Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good For You by Tish Tabe, Illustrated by Aristedes Ruiz, Random House Books for Young Readers (2001).
- Open Wide: Tooth School Inside by Laurie Keller, Henry Holt & Company, Inc. (2000).
- Staying Healthy: Good Hygiene by Alice B. McGinty, The Rosen Publishing Group, Inc. (2003).
Chapter 7 Medicine and Drugs
- Don't Talk to Strangers by Kevi, Illustrated by JibJab Media Staff (2003).
- I Can Be Safe: A First Look at Safety by Pat Thomas, Illustrated by Lesley Harker, Barron's Educational Series, Inc. (2003).
- Stop, Drop, and Roll by Margery Cuyler, Illustrated by Arthur Howard, Simon & Schuster Children's (2001).
Chapter 8 Staying Well
- Danger: Drugs and Your Friends by E. Rafaela Picard, Patra McSharry Sevastiades, The Rosen Publishing Group, Inc. (2003).
- Let's Talk About Smoking by Elizabeth Weitzman, The Rogin Publishing Group, Inc. (2003).
Chapter 9 Health Helpers
- Albert the Running Bear Gets the Jitters by Barbara Isenberg, Susan Wolf, Houghton Mifflin Company (1987).
- Germs Make Me Sick! By Melvin Berger, HarperCollins Children's Books (1999).
- Miss Bindergarten Stays Home from Kindergarten by Joseph Slate, Illustrated by Ashley Wolf, Dutton Juvenille (2000).
- The Sick Day by Patricia Maclachlan, Illustrated by Jane Dyer, Random House Children's Books (2003).
Chapter 10 A Healthful Place to Live
- A Day in the Life of a Police Officer (First Facts Community Helpers at Work Series) by Heather Adamson, Capstone Press (2003).
- Community Helpers from A to Z by Bobbie D. Kalman, Crabtree Publishing Company (1997).
- The Great Trash Bash by Loreen Leedy, Holiday House, Inc. (2000).
- This Is Our Earth by Laura Lee Benson, Charlesbridge Publishing, Inc. (1997).